hmmm... Great voice, this Alex Band.
The important thing about adventures, thought Mr Bunnsy,
was that they shouldn't be so long as to make you miss mealtimes.
-- (Terry Pratchett, The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodent
Pretending to work while listening to music and browsing the net.... Ah life in the high powered ad world!
All of life is an adventure if you want it to be. And since good adventures revolve around mealtimes and sleep anyway, it's nice to have them. It's so weird when I think of all those people out there who get "Bored". I never seem to be bored. If I have no work, I have places to go things to see, or even places to just sit still and listen to nothing and everything. Birds, cars, breeze in the street. Or the snatches of conversation that drift past.
It's so interesting to watch strangers walk down the street. What are they thinking? What are their dreams? What did they have for lunch? Or I could just watch the trees. Or the cars. Interesting patterns...
Desperate Housewives is going to be airing soon. And I can't really connect. I feel compassion for that level of soul sucking boredom and ennui, but I don't truly understand it. Like depression. The kind of slit-your-own-wrist trigger pulling depression that teens are supposed to be prey to was never something I touched. I'm doomed to be eternally content. And that sounds so fat cat...
2 comments:
Liar, liar! U know the rest of that poem as well as anybody, so i will not stoop to that level of crudity…
what’s all this tosh about u never feeling bored? Shall I remind u of it the next time u come and bug me while I’m reading coz u have 'nothing to do!'?
Actually that would probably tick u off just enough to make u leave me alone :D heh heh… thank you for the ammo! :P fat cat indeed…
hehehe...
I thought you two kept the dirty linen safely out of the public eye?
As a general rule, do not let a member of your family see your blog.
*nods*
Post a Comment