Tuesday, October 18, 2005

... and found


I just made myself "Lost" wallpaper and discovered three unexpected fans in office! Funny how quickly a television addiction can make you bond with people... Books don't do the same thing. Although I suppose that is because I tend not to be as obvious and vocal about my book addiction.... and I also personally suffer from low level book snobbery.
I expect that the majority of people will not know books that I've read. I don't usually meet people with the weird breadth and sheer diversity of my choice of reading matter. So I gravitate toward the familiar group who I know read the same stuff as I do. And, when I meet someone who doesn't fit in the likely Fellow Reader category, but can converse about the same vast range, I get surprised.
In my defense I am quite capable of making conversation even with Nancy Drew readers. I just talk about T.V. ah! The great leveler...

No comments: